Thursday, December 22

I just read that last post (cuz I'm in Fort Bragg and I'm really bored) and I realized that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sorry about that. I was going on about three hours of sleep or something equally ridiculous, thus, any nonsensical ramblings are the product of a sleep deprived mind and really must be excused.

The song that I've been hearing non-stop is "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" and it's amazing. If you haven't heard it yet, you really should. Additionally, you should all check out Sufjan Stevens. I ran across his album a few weeks ago at work and forgot to post about him. A few weeks later, my friend Matt sent me "Chicago" (which is an extremely happening song) and I forgot to post. Then Teale told me he was listening to the guy's album, and, low and behold, I forgot to post. So, Mr. Stevens, I apologize for not shouting from my rhetorical soap-box about your awesome-ness. I repent.

For some reason, all of the Christmas music playing on the radio lately is pissing me off. I'm not sure why. Considering my total adoration of the holidays, it would seem logical that I would equally adore the obvious love everyone else is feeling, and usually this is the case. Recently, however, all I can think is that these people are trying to cash in on the year's most profitable season. There is no joy, no love. Just profit-mongering. *shakes fist at radio*

But maybe that's just the remnants of Finals Bitterness talking.

I suppose I should sign off before I really get caustic. Maybe I'll go bake some cookies or something, that should make me feel better.

*muah*

No comments: