Tuesday, December 27

I got my hair cut today. It's pretty awesome. I'm quite excited. The stylist was actually able to get my hair to hold a wave. Usually it's stick straight and about as interesting as it is green. As a consequence, after I do my hair, it feels boring and conventional. But today it feels flippy and frivolous. I never feel flippy and frivolous!

I tried once. I attempted a perm when I was 12. I got it in the morning. By that afternoon, the weight of my hair had straightened it back out again. So feeling flippy and frivolous for me is blissful.

I'm also feeling extremely tired having stayed up until 6am last night and then getting up at 9am. Well...I tried to get up at 9am. My cell's alarm went off at 9 and I have a vague recollection of thinking, I should reset the alarm for 10. I woke up again at 10:15 to find my hand wrapped around my phone, which was flipped open. Since I turn off the alarm by pushing a button on the SIDE of the phone and, thus, do not have to open it, I can think of only one explanation: I fell back asleep in the middle of resetting my alarm.

That's just sad.

Tonight, my parents and I are going over to Maggie's house for dinner. If you don't know Maggie's mom, Mary Jane, you might not understand the vague nervous feeling that is roiling in the pit of my stomach. Whenever she finds out that I have a boyfriend, it's like an interrogation room. I mean, more friendly and she feeds you, but it's question after question until she knows everything she wants to. Not that I begrudge myself the opportunity to talk about him. Ever.

I should probably get going. I'm almost done burning half of the radio station's music library onto my new laptop. Yes, yes, I know. I'm a music nerd.

1 comment:

meloukhia said...

Half the radio station's music library? Good god, woman, your cd drive must move at warp speed. /jealousy