Wednesday, September 10

Good afternoon! ^_^ And how are all of you on this FINE afternoon? I sure hope you're all WONDERful!!!!
Irish was so cool today. I'm so glad I'm taking this class. I mean, it's a hard class, but still, it makes me happy. :) hehe
I heard the most beautiful song in that class, and I am going to force you to read the first and last verses + the chorus. muahahaha

Ná habair m’ainm
leis an bhean a labharfaidh
i’m dhiaidh i do chluais.
A bhéarfaidh aniar chughat
gealach is grian mar dhuais.
Ná habair gur seana-scéal é sin
a chuala tú uaim fadó.

Éist do bhéal
Éist do bhéal is bí ciúin
don chéad uair i do shaol
bí ciúin, is éist do bhéal
do bhéilín bán, éist do bhéal.

Má chíonn tú i mbrionglóid
mé ag siúl cois toinne
lem’ stuafhear rua
gan fáinne ar mhéar
gan scáil ar ár gcraiceann gan smál.
Ná habair gur seana-scéal é sin
a chuala tú uaim fadó.

It sounds so beautiful in Irish. It's not quite as cool in English, so you don't get a translation. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! There's another verse between those two, but it's kinda weird, so I won't include it here. hehehe *sigh* I'm so mean. Hmmm....I hope the accents turn out right...I don't want any weird symbols in my post...oh well.
You know, it's horrible. The only homework I want to do is my Irish homework. I never get anything else done. *sigh*
Speaking of homework. I need to send an email to my Irish prof, so I'll post again soon. I promise! ^_^
*muah*!

No comments: