Monday, November 17

Tonight I went to dinner with my old Small Group. Christina came up from LA and took us all to Pomegranate on University Ave. It was soooo yummy! We had hummus and pita bread. And then almost all nine of us ate the Pomegranate Chicken which is chicken in this sweet sauce (that is based on pomegranate juice) and garlic potatoes and these really yummy veggies.
All during dinner I kept hearing this strange noise, like the snort someone makes when they're laughing. Finally I realized it was coming from the table caddy-corner to ours that held a couple on a date. The snorting noise was, as far as I can tell, coming from the woman. But she wasn't laughing...she was just...snorting at random intervals. But it sounded like the kind of snort you can't control, you know the one? So, every so often during dinner, there'd be these little silences while everyone's mouth is full and suddenly, out of the quiet: SNORT!!
It was quite disconcerting.
After dinner, Christina took us out to Mondo Gelato. The two guys behind the counter kept trying to flirt with all of us. For example, everytime I looked up, one of them would be ready to ask which ice cream I wanted to try next. One of them, whenever I tried something, would launch into a detailed explanation of what the ice cream consisted of and he tried to make it sound all sauve. So, one time, I asked to try to Straccitella (soooOOOoooOOoOoOOOOOoooooOOo yummy people) and he started saying "This is the original and best chocolate chip ice cream in Berkeley that leaves a creamy after-taste and melts on your tongue." I was thinking "Just give me the sample spoon." I mean, I heard him give a watered down version of the same speech to the women next to us, but did he talk about their tongues...Heck no. *rolls eyes*
Thing is, I knew that guy from one of my classes last semester. I never know what to do in a situation like that. Do you say hello and tell them which class you had together? Do you just pretend that you don't remember them and be overly friendly? I mean, what if they remember you too, but since you didn't say anything they feel rebuffed? (I'm beginning to reach the conclusion that I think too much...*considers*)
Anyway, so it was really good to see Christina and everyone. And I finally got to hang out with Alice again! Yay! She and Devika and I really have to get together and do a roomie reunion. ^_^
Heh, I have WAY too much homework to be writing such a long blog entry. I have to read about a hundred pages in Invisible Man by Wednesday (no biggie), so I should get started. I'm so excited about reading Ralph Ellison! I read one of his essays and really liked the way he thought, so I'm hoping Invisible Man is like that. : )
All righty, I'm off to read Ellison!!
*muah*

No comments: