Friday, November 25

A storm blew in. The cats nearly ate the turkey. (Twice.) My parents' friends got drunk before we served the appetizers. My mom and aunt got in the obligatory fight over how to cook dinner right as they're finishing the last dish. My brother and I nearly dropped an entire tray of wine glasses. Maggie got violently ill and had to be taken home in the middle of supper. My parents burst into song three times during the course of the meal. Several pieces of pie went flying as we tried to serve it. Then my brother and I finished off the night with a game of cards while the siblings/spouses got in arguments.

All in all, just your regular Hayes-Jaskula family holiday. The only thing missing was the very-much-alive turkey running through the house.

Oi.

Since I didn't go home for the holiday, I'm attempting to spend all this extra time doing homework. A resolution that, as you can see, I'm not living up to. It's very sad. Last night, I spent four hours watching episodes of a TV show (which shall remain nameless) instead of reading The Sound and the Fury.

In Other News:
I have successfully avoided Black Friday, despite my poor brother having to work. In retail. Let's have a moment of silence for him.
Christmas present buying has officially begun. I, personally, have not yet bought anything, but I have ideas for almost everyone. That NEVER happens. Woohoo!
The national NSCS office still hasn't sent out an email concerning the Peace Corps presentation next Tuesday. No one is going to come.
I'm dying of Senioritis.

No comments: