Sunday, November 20

The Slip is pretty darn awesome, I must say. They're a total jam band, though, so their album (available on their website for easy listening) is quite a bit different from their live performance. While both are good, I think I like seeing them live better.

It was a little confusing when we arrived, though, because all three members of The Slip + a new singer were the band that opened for The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis. (Apparently, the singer for SMMD is Nathan Moore, who usually heads up ThaMuseMeant.) Their songs sounded a lot like the album versions of The Slip songs, which I thought was a little odd since The Slip doesn't sound like the recordings of The Slip. But hey, it could just be me.

Last night, I was supposed to go to Bottom of the Hill with Hilary, but we were both too exhausted-me after working five hours with an almost 2 year old and Hil after riding horses all day-to get up the energy to get our butts over to SF. So, instead, we rented a movie that turned out to be exquisitely...confusing. The Jacket is a great movie, but I was confused the entire time until about 3/4ths of the way through. And somehow, I came away thinking that was the point.

In Other News:
I saw HP 4. It was okay, but they had a tendency not to explain things, so if you hadn't read the book, you wouldn't know what the hell was going on.
My pool skills might be improving. After a humiliating defeat (x3) at the hands of Myung, Teale, and Mike, respectively, I thought that I would never get the nerve to play again. However, when I played with Myung and Nancy Friday night, somehow it all came together and I had about three absolutely beautiful shots. They were magical.
The Castro District is extremely confusing street-wise. I led the way up and down Market (thinking it was Castro) about three times before we figured out that we needed to be a block up.

No comments: