Friday, November 11

My contemporary novel class got out early yesterday, so I ended up going to history sooner than usual, something I will never do again. It freaked me out. You know all those people who are in the lecture hall before anyone else gets there, silent, as if they've melded with the chairs? They're so much a part of the background, something you see every day, that I never even notice them anymore. Well, I had to confront them yesterday. Worse, I became one of them. When I arrived, they weren't in their seats. They started trickling in one by one just like everyone else usually does (only, you know, like ten minutes earlier than everyone else). And they completely ignored me.

I had ousted them from their usual background position, replaced them as wallpaper.

It bothered me so much that I started making noise (dropping my backpack, slamming my book shut) just so that I stood out. It was a weird day.

Today was slightly better, though. I went to my internship at the magazine. And I found an absolutely awesome band called Lovedrug. At first, I was like, "Lovedrug? What are they some sort of kickback to the 80s, wannabe Adam Ant people?" But they aren't at ALL. They're actually really amazing. CHECK THEM OUT.

No comments: