Wednesday, November 10

Considering that I haven't written in a loooong time, this epistle will probably end up being novel-length. I sincerely apologize if this is the case.

As my readers (a group of people to which Devika now claims membership ^_^) probably already know, I went down to Santa Barbara this weekend to visit my friend Sarah. The trip itself was incredibly fun, and it was nice to catch up with Sarah after not talking to her for almost a year. (Don't get me wrong, we didn't have a massive fight or anything, we were both just extremely busy.) But the drive down was killer. I had to make it alone, and-though I managed to cut the time down to about four and a half hours due to both a lack of traffic and my ill-advised tendency to speed-driving alone is boring.

Well, most of the trip was boring. There were a couple of exciting incidents. The first occurred at a sort of intersection for freeways. Two other freeways were merging onto the 101, so the cars were heading into my lane from both sides. Since I was busy trying not to get hit by the cars, I didn't really pay attention to the Pepsi truck coming into the right lane. It was pretty far ahead of me, so I just dismissed it. But when the cans started falling off the back, things got a little exciting. Cars started swerving in and out of lanes trying to dodge these cans-some where exploding, others had been flattened, others were just bouncing-and that means the rest of us drivers have to dodge those idiots, too. We went about half a mile before the cans stopped coming as suddenly as they'd begun. And exciting minute and a half.

Now that I'm back home I have to write a paper on Spenser. It's only four to five pages, but I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the prospect.

Apparently, I've been volunteered to cook enchiladas for tonight's Mystery Dinner Party. *shrugs* Fine, but I'm making some with chicken. And I'll have to buy another baking dish. *making mental list*

Uh-oh, time for class. Gotta jet! *muah*

~The Ass

No comments: