Sunday, September 19

It all started when Devi and I decided to do our laundry...

So, we went to Eric's place, cuz the washers and dryers there are cheaper than the place on Shattuck. Everything was great until we decided to get some food. On the way to the Asian Ghetto, I decided that I would just get a Sobe, but Eric and Devi both wanted Steve's BBQ. And that's where our fun really began.

I bought a Sobe and Eric was wavering over whether or not to get a Gatorade. So, he asked the guy behind the counter how much one was while holding a dollar fifty in his hand. Suddenly, the guy leaned over the counter, grabbed the dollar bill and started yelling, "Give it to me! Give it to me!"

Eric became very flustered and shook his head, refusing to let go of the dollar. "No, no. I just want to know how MUCH it is."

"Give it to me! Give it to me!"

Again, Eric tried to explain, but eventually gave up and let go. A beautific smile appeared on the man's face and he said, "One dollar. Special today!" We then left. With Eric's Gatorade.

Later in the evening, Devika, Eric and I walked down to the car, which was in the parking lot across from Unit 1. I opened the trunk and put my laundry basket in and left the top up so that Devi and Eric could put there stuff in it. Then I stepped away, sillily trusting that they could do so successfully. But when Eric tried to cut Devika off on her expedition to the trunk, Devika got the brilliant idea to sit on the bumper to take off her backpack. Unfortunately, the backpack was so stuffed that she ended up being pulled backwards INTO the trunk. Where she sat, stuck, for about a full minute before Eric and I could stop laughing and pull her out.

One good thing that happened tonight was that we found a ROCKING CHAIR!!!!! For free!!!! It was just sitting there, calling to us. So, we went scavenging! Unfortunately, Eric was forced to carry our find up to our living room. *winces* Sorry Eric!

So that was my day! Now I shall leave you with the following deep thought: "I don't like to live my life by bus schedules."

No comments: