Sunday, September 5

All right! First week of school is OVER! So exciting. *sighs contentedly*

A lot of interesting developments revolving around my academic career have popped up this week. For example, I'm changing my schedule slightly, and then I'll have a class with Dani!!! Yay! But here's the most exciting part: I'm going to be DECLARING!!!

I am overjoyed! I can hardly contain my excitment! *squeals* I feel better now.

Last night, I went to see Garden State with Jordan and it is one of my new favorite movies. SOOOOOO good. The way Zach Braff portrays the absurdity of life, is hilarious. I love that man. I think I'll propose marriage on his blog. Don't worry. I'm just kidding. Oh, but not about the blog. He really does have one: http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/gardenstate/blog/

So, we get to the theater, and we're standing in line for a while, just talking. And suddenly, I hear a couple of guys in the booth calling for the next customers. And they just kept calling. It was kinda odd, considering the line was pretty long. Then, we (and three people ahead of us) realized that the group at the front of the "line" was just an overly large group of teenagers standing around and yakking. So, we all grumbled and moved the line out of the actually LINE (the roped off aisle) and went to stand in front of the box office. Unconcerned, the teens continued to take up valuable line space and didn't even break the flow of their conversation.

Then, after we buy our tickets, Jordan and I head on in. But when the usher checked our tickets, she gave us different directions, so I checked mine and for some INEXPLICABLE reason, the guy in the box office had sold me a ticket to Napolean Dynami. What the hell? How do you get "Napolean Dynami" out of "Garden State"??

Ignoring this grievous error-I just didn't want to have to find the line again-we found our seats and waited for the show to begin. We were pretty early-parking was amazingly easy to find-so we just sat around talking and lapsed into silence every now and then. It was during one of these silences that I began to notice our fellow movie lovers, and was greeted by the most horrifying sight a single woman can see when she's out with a male friend: Couples. We were surrounded. There was no escape. And they were all giggling and cuddling. One pair was even DANCING. Like, waltzing. Well, that was kinda cute. I liked them. ^_^ (That is, until the guy's cell phone kept going off during the movie. Then I didn't like him anymore. *glares*)

Jordan, of course, was unaffected. Guys don't care. It's only when you're a neurotic female (like ME!) that you actually concern yourself over the cuddling going on around you.

Frantically, I began scanning the theater for any groups of people that weren't paired off aside from Jordan and myself. I only found one: two teenage girls behind us. The only reason I noticed them was that they were yelling directly behind my head. Nothing too obnoxious really, just getting a little excited about whatever it was they were talking about. But that's why I caught part of their conversation.

Apparently, they were having some sort of argument, because one of them suddenly shouted "What ever happened to us being SPONTANEOUS, huh?? Isn't that what you're always saying? Take a chance? What's that French phrase you're always throwing at me? What is it..." I knew they couldn't possibly mean the phrase that immediately sprang to mind. They couldn't possibly. But obviously, despite two years of reasonably well-completed college education, I know NOTHING. "What is it? Oh yeah. Carpe diem!" They then proceeded on with the conversation, but, lost in my horror, I was no longer listening.

Carpe diem. CARPE DIEM!!! Come on people!!! All I could think was, "Please tell me they don't go to Berkeley. Please tell me they couldn't possibly have gotten into Berkeley mistaking the most famous of Latin phrases for FRENCH."

Needless to say, I tuned them out as best I could for the rest of the night. But the night just got better and better.

A blonde woman of amazon proportions sat in front of me (of course not Jordan, who is about six feet tall. No no, she had to sit in front of the midget), blocking out a semi-circle at the bottom of the screen. But after a few minutes of fuming, I stopped worrying about it. I was too busy empathizing with her. She was suffering something far more heinous: She had come to the movie with a couple. She just kinda sat there with no one to talk to for the ten minutes before the previews while the girl and guy she came with giggled and cuddled right next to her. So, I forgave her for blocking part of my screen.



Wow, this post is really long. Sorry. *winces* Seriously, if you haven't seen it, GO SEE GARDEN STATE! You'll love it. I promise. Toodles! *Muah*

No comments: