Saturday, October 4

Today, I went with a group of NSCS people to do community service at the Gateway Garden and Pavillion in the North Hills. We spread mulch (redwood chips in this case) evenly about two inches thick on this hilly area. (sounds easy, doesn't it?) And then we hacked at the rocky dirt across the road to get these scraggly weeds out. They had the worst thorns I had ever seen! I mean, one plant even had thorns on it's LEAVES!!!!!!! As Natasha said, that plant had a real attitude problem. My shoulders and back feel like they're going to burn away. It was really really hard and tiring, but soooooooo fun! I'm so glad I went. ^_^ The great thing about these projects is that you can actually see how much you accomplished; the product is right there in front of you. Other things, you have to image how much you've gotten done. Like studying. You can't really see how much you know. But I could see exactly how much work I finished.
Nancy and I just watched this movie on HBO called "Real Women Have Curves." While I agree with the sentiment, the movie was not that great. The interesting part is the girl in it looks exactly like an older version of a girl I went to elementary school with in LA. Her name was America (I remember cuz she made us all call her Georgia cuz she was embarassed by her name. I always thought it rather odd that she changed her name from a country to a STATE. How is that better?) and the actress' name was--you guessed it--America Ferrera. Okay, so I don't remember elementary school girl's last name. But Ferrera sounds oddly right. Sadly, the only thing I remember about her (aside from her odd choice in names) was that she was kinda spoiled and bossy, and she had this really embarassing incident one time...I felt really bad for her...it was uber bad...Anyway.
Okay, I have lots and lots of homework to do. I'll ttyl!!!
*muah*!

No comments: