Monday, January 9

Nomadic Daughter Returns

I'm finally back from Simi Valley. I know, you all missed me terribly. I had fun, though. I stayed with Devi and she showed me around Simi, which apparently means taking me to Northridge.

Danica's party was pretty fabulous. Her parents put together this slideshow and set to music pictures of her life. It was pretty cool. There were some really cute photos. However, there was a photo of me on there. From Halloween. I blame Devika for this and will seek photographic retribution as soon as we are back in Berkeley.

Two bad things occurred while I was down there, though. First off, my iPod died. After three years of faithful service, I'm really not surprised it felt the need to move on to the other realm. Still, I'll miss Billy Bob. (Just kidding. Wait, did you really think that I named my iPod? *snorts*) Then, the other bad thing...I spent way too much on clothes. It was horrible. Clothing and gas ate up almost my entire expense budget. Granted, my expense budget was about two hundred dollars, but still! Luckily Devika's parents like to feed people. I'm kind of scared to look at my account balance.

I'm leaving for Berkeley in a couple of days. On the twelfth to be exact. So I've been making plans for the rest of the week.

Today, I'm having lunch with my mom and buying my books and supplies for school. Then I have to call back the people who called me while I was in LA, since I didn't have service in Devika's house. (It hated me.)

Tuesday, I have a doctor's appointment and I need to check the mail and pick up stuff for my mom. All of which necessitates going to Mendocino, so I'll be getting a Mendo Market sandwich, as well.

Wednesday, will be spent packing and hopefully seeing people before I head back. My parents are having dinner at some friends' house, so I'm on my own for that meal. I do have to finish some of the snacks that Maggie and I bought for our all night marathon but didn't eat. But I'm hoping that my dinner will be slightly more substantial than that.

Thursday it's hasta la vista Fort Bragg and hola Berkeley.

I think I'm actually going to miss Fort Bragg this time. Shocking. No, not really. But usually I'm in an all fired hurry to get back to Berkeley after a break. This time, while I do feel the rush, I'm not antsy. Odd.

No comments: