Wednesday, April 6

COUNTDOWN TO WEEZER: 22 Days


Today started off not so good. I woke up way too early for my late night hangover. No, I was not drinking last night. I was merely out extremely late, so I didn't get much sleep. Then I spent half an hour staring at my closet, trying desperately to put together an outfit that wouldn't be too hot and that I could wear sneakers with, but that wouldn't look TOO eccentric since I was meeting with a professor at noon. Finally, I was running late and desperately threw on whatever I grabbed.

I ran out to the busstop and waited for awhile, but the bus never came. So, I started walking because I could not be late. At each subsequent stop, I turned around to check and see if the bus was coming. No bus. Next stop. No bus. Third stop. No bus. About a block away from the next stop, the bus passes me.

I make it to campus and to Professor Merrit's office with two minutes to spare and I'm relieved to find that, not only is someone inside with him so I have a minute to catch my breath, but there is a chair outside his office. Yes! So, I drop my backpack on the floor and collapse into the chair. Only to jump up a second later as I feel water seep through my skirt. I had somehow managed to find the only chair on the SIXTH floor with a puddle on it. WTF, mate? Luckily, Professor Merrit-who rivals Prof. Botteril for nicest prof ever-had a towel and we managed to clean it up. We decided that the only possible explanation was malicious intent since the chair is in the middle of a windowless hallway without any leakage and it was a big puddle of water, so it'd be hard to miss if you were at fault.

Luckily, Danica-BEST ROOMMATE EVER!!!!-had class at one and was willing to bring me a pair of pants.

Unfortunately, this meant that I was stuck in Dwinelle until she could get to campus and I was a little bored. Thus, I called many of my friends and left odd messages on their phones. *clears throat* Sorry about that. My temporary, boredom-induced insanity has come to an end.

After that the day got better. My skirt dried really quickly since it was so warm today. I met up with Mark, which is always fun. I was a little punchy because of my sleep deprivation, though, and Mark was laughing at me. :p Class was good, nothing too major. And now I'm at home and I just finished a large salad. I say life is good. Maybe I'll even make chocolate milk. Oh, the possibilities.

*muah*

No comments: