Wednesday, October 10

Radiohead

Okay, the thing that Radiohead is doing with their album-the sliding scale price-AWESOME. Now every single fan of the band can own the album. Genius.

I mean, it wouldn't work for most bands. Particularly considering how little bands make off the first x albums sold. However, Radiohead knew going into this album that they would sell every album pressed. So, the price of the album was really moot since they would be turning a profit at any price they asked.

Even more so due to the $80 they're asking for the special edition. Which doesn't even ship until Dec. 3rd. WTF? That part is...annoying. I don't care that it has 3 discs, 2 LPs, and extra artwork. Not $80 worth. I can see $50. Even $60. But $80??

It's not even an anniversary edition, or an import only available in one country. It's a regular 3 disc edition with 2 extra LPs. You can't even find The Beatles package sets for $80. Not for a modern pressing.

50 years from now, I can see buying it for $80. Hell, even after it's out of print (which will be a very long time from now, let me tell you), I can see $80. Right now, it's not exactly a collector's item.

No comments: